Saturday, February 2, 2008

mission failed

As you can see in this picture, Brooklyn is wearing a diaper. We are postponing the potty training for a few months until she is REALLY ready. You would think this was my first experience with potty training, but no, I've done it before. She did great for almost a month. Telling me she had to go, never having accidents outside of home, it was going very smooth. For the past week she has decided that; 1:she isn't going to tell me when she has to go EVER, 2:the whole "potty treat" incentive is no longer working, and 3:she obviously prefers defecating in her pants. Over the past four days she has pooped in her pants everysingle day. Yesterday I lost it and took it out on my barely two year old little girl. So, I decided that diapers were going back on. My Mother told me that I was creating a "wedge" between us by getting upset when she peed or pooped her pants, and I probably was. So yesterday I decided what the H, I will just stick a diaper back on her. I left Tyson in charge for a few hours and when she woke up from her nap he put panties back on her. Last night she had yet again, another poop accident. It was a bunch of small little turds that fell out of her undies and through her pant legs onto the floor, sick I know. I thought that I had cleaned everything up. Yes, THOUGHT. We had her cousins over last night and they were all playing in Zach's room. I went in to check on them and I spotted a telltale turd lying on the carpet. Yikes. I said "Hallie, don't move, there's poop on the floor!" She immediately backed up and step right on top of the turd. So for now, our potty training is on vacation. The saddest thing about this, is this morning she came in and I could tell she had gone in her diaper. I said "Brooklyn, did you go poop?" To which she replied "no spank no spank!" It just about broke my heart. I scooped her up, gave her a hug, told her it was ok, and proceeded to go change a stinky diaper. Maybe when she 2 1/2? Oh well.

5 comments:

Annemarie said...

no big deal...and no more "tell tale turds"...A wise woman once said to me, "Have you ever seen a kindergartener go to school with a diaper bag?" to which I replied, "no, mine will be the first."

Rachel said...

To be honest, I was sorely jealous she was trained so fast, so I feel better now. I'm SURE that doesn't make YOU feel any better though!
At least come summer you can just send her outside and accidents will be easier to clean up!

diane said...

I love the boots! At least she knows how to accessorize!

Anonymous said...

Quite a story! THat happened to my girlfriend too...her little boy was all potty trained and everything and then he just decided he liked the diapers and kept pooping his pants. Sorry Jennie! She'll do it...I'm sure when she's 2 1/2 for sure!

Anonymous said...

Okay you've been tagged! Go to my page and see the questions you have to answer. If you don't get the chance, no worries. It's just for fun! I need a new posting from you, by the way!